iPhone 3GS 18 giga

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zomy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Zomy macrumors member

hello

can i upgrade iPhone 3GS to ios4 or ios5 ??
    and how by using itunes to upgrade or i cant upgrade?

and which upgrade is fine for iphone 3s ios4 or ios5 or i cant upgrade and have to use it with os3???

plz anyone help me,thx

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I have iOS 5.0.1 running on a 3GS and it runs just fine. You'll need to use iTunes to get the update.

3. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

wooow thx for ur answer
    but sorry i want ask u more coz i am new to use any apple iphone
    so what do u think about iphone 3gs 8 giga is it fine?? and really i can upgrade to ios 5 ? and what about os 3 is it also fine? and what about the mobile all is it good? coz i don't have much money to get iphone 4 or iphone 4s

or u would say i wait and get more money and get iphone 4 or iphone 4s better than iphone 3gs ?

sorry i asks a lot but i am still new for using this mobile :)
    waiting ur answer

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If 8GB of storage space is sufficient for you then it'll be fine. You need to determine for yourself how much space you'll need.

Yes.

Yes, iOS 3 was good too. 3.1.3 was probably the best version too.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

The 4/4S are much faster than the 3GS, but the 3GS still performs quite well in it's own right. You need to decide which you feel is more appropriate for you.

No worries.

5. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

when i asked is mobile good i mean in general? is it fine and goood or i wait to buy iphone 4 or 4s

and what u mean by slow? slow boring or normal it can be nice?
    coz i have offer for iphone 3 gs 8 giga plus nowadays no 16 or 32 giga only 8 giga

so if u have iphone 3gs u can tell me do u like the mobile everything of it
    and if u have it iam sure u compare it by iphone 4 or iphone 4s so what do u think

tell me do i get the offer or i wait and get iphone 4 or 4s?

plus 3gs soon will not be available will be only available iphone 4 or 4s

so do u think 3gs will be nice and good and i can say woooow i love this mobile or as i told u i wait?

thx for answering my boring questions but really i need some one have 3gs to say for me what is good to get it or i wait and get iphone4 or iphone 4s coz really i dont know what i buy and as i told u i like the offer for 3gs thats made me to think to buy it but nt for offer i buy it then i say awwww i am bad i should get iphone 4 or 4 s

camera nt important for me.important sound and mp3 and watcing ssome movies browse net
    plus do iphone 3gs fohave wifi also coz i dont like use mobile sim card internet i like wifi more

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

My opinion is get the 4 or 4S so that way you'll have better hardware which can handle the forthcoming iOS updates as they happen and your phone will last you longer.

If you get the 3GS, I don't know how many more iOS updates Apple will make for it, if any, and then you will be stuck with whatever the last version they release for it.

7. Zomy, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

Zomy thread starter macrumors member

aha i understand but what if i get iphone 3gs coz as i told u offer and price i like and 4 and 4s want more money
    so if i get 3gs will be bad or good in general and as u told me u upgrade to ios5
    but i dont know how its slow as u said slow boring or its fine?
    and for upgrade u aslo said its fine so if no new updates released i think ios5 will be ok as u say
    but tell me about how slow mobile as i told u very slow boring or half and half or slow 97% and what about battery

sorry i know i am boring cos i asks alot

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Slow as in fine is what I mean.

9. Zomy, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

Zomy thread starter macrumors member

so in general its good mobile but u didn't say what about battery ?

thx very much for answering me but still waiting ur answer about iphone 3gs battery and maybe i ask u again :)

i know i am boring person but sorry new about iphone mobile's

10. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

Ios 5 is actually way better than 3 and 4 as all apps require 4.2 up nowadays