Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
Hey everyone.

I just got my iPhone 3GS last week and I never really used the Youtube app until today and when I signed in and went to view my Subscriptions, only 28 of my 53 subscriptions show up. Also, when I click on "New Videos" it gives me an error message saying "Youtube not available". :(

Anyone know if this can be fixed? Anyone else having this problem? Might be a bug with 3.0 and youtube possibly.

Well, thanks for your help.

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
I'm feeling your pain

I'm having the same issue myself. I had wi-fi issues all weekend. The signal would jump around and YouTube videos streamed a lot faster on my 2g phone then my 3gs. Over the weekend I tested until I'm blue in the face. I think it's one of the following. It could be an isolated bug as my speed is fine this morning.Secondly, make sure your phone is not hot either. Also do you have it on wifi? If so try to stream on 3g and see if it helps speeds. There are quite a few people on here with the same issue. Honestly I think it's a bug as I have had my phone switched out and still the same wifi problem. Also my brothers phone was doing it as well.

PS: Don't call apple as they will tell you to restore it which did nothing for it. You can try to switch phones, but I don't think it's hardware related. Also test your router by disabling everything that uses bandwidth on your router and just have the iPhone set on it to see if anything happens.

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
It seems work a lot better this morning for some reason. Ran speed test hourly for two hours and getting speeds of around 10mbps which is what my package for internet is. I will continue to see if it was just an isolated incident this weekend, will start crapping out again, or if I did something to speed it up.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
I'm having the same issue myself. I had wi-fi issues all weekend. The signal would jump around and YouTube videos streamed a lot faster on my 2g phone then my 3gs. Over the weekend I tested until I'm blue in the face. I think it's one of the following. It could be an isolated bug as my speed is fine this morning.Secondly, make sure your phone is not hot either. Also do you have it on wifi? If so try to stream on 3g and see if it helps speeds. There are quite a few people on here with the same issue. Honestly I think it's a bug as I have had my phone switched out and still the same wifi problem. Also my brothers phone was doing it as well.

PS: Don't call apple as they will tell you to restore it which did nothing for it. You can try to switch phones, but I don't think it's hardware related. Also test your router by disabling everything that uses bandwidth on your router and just have the iPhone set on it to see if anything happens.

Uhm, I'm not sure if you understood my post exactly. What I said was that youtube isn't loading all my 53 subscriptions. It only loads 28 of the 53. Plus the "New Videos" which is supposed to show the latest from my subscriptions, give me an error.

I tried on Wi-Fi and 3G, so that's not the problem. I think theres a bug with youtube and 3.0. I hope Apple fixes this, what good is being able to view subscriptions if you can't see all of them? :(

bruzer

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
I myself am having some you tube issues with my 3gs. Occasionally when i go to steam a youtube video, about 1 out of 5 times it will have no audio. This is on videos where i know audio exists, as if i keep reuploading the video, the audio will eventually play. Also some times i wont get an audio channel ( ie if the video is in stereo, i will only hear what would be playing on the left, [I know the iphone is mono only out of the external speaker, but i can tell some of what im listening to is missing]). Im pretty sure its not my iphone, or external speaker anyway, as audio from other sources, ie pandora, ipod, etc, seem to work fine. Has anyone else come across this?

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
Yea, youtube is completely fudged on the 3.0 software. Can't view all subscriptions, can't play certain videos, and now I get this message: "Syndication of this video was restricted by its owner". :confused:

Youtube is fudged. No fun. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.