Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 05.1107 with 359.3 old bootrom

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phon, Dec 7, 2011.

1. phon macrumors regular

Hello All,

Got an Iphone 3gs and it has been jailbroken with blackra1n from the previous owner (he has no back up files :( ). There were games, and softwares installed.
    I would like to have it unlock to use with T-mobile.

1. Is blacksn0w the only one can paired with blackra1n jailbroken? If it is, will any MMS or wifi get confict?

2. Do love that jailbreakme and ultrasn0w.
    Is it possible to keep his games/softwares if use jailbreakme and ultrasn0w?
    (I see no back up option in itunes)

Untethered is preferred for both 1 and 2.

Thanks in advanced!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since your 3GS already jailbroken and it has the 05.11.07, all you have to do is to install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock this phone. Nothing else you need to do.

3. phon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that lated reply :p
    I tried to keep all the existing games and software with that blackra1n. Thus, used blacksn0w to unlock and now the phone is.....stucked at apple logo.
    Run that blackra1n to kick it out but it does not worked :cool:

Do not use blackra1n and blacksn0w to jailbreak and unlock IPhone people. That would just give yourself trouble :p

4. phon thread starter macrumors regular

I let it hooks to blackra1n overnight, and dang it boots now. what a magic! :eek:

How do I go from here If want a fresh re-jailbreak with jailbreakme? The problem is no Wifi after unlocked with blacksn0w and back up on ios3.1.2 :(

Much appreciate for any input!

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you use blackra1n, your phone has been jail broken. Do you see Cydia icon on your phone? If so, just install ultrasn0w to unlock it.

6. phon thread starter macrumors regular

the issue is no wifi to load that.
    it is still unlocked but no wifi option.... :rolleyes:

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You still can unlock your phone by using Cyder 2 to install Ultrasn0w onto your phone. This option does not need your phone wifi to work.

8. phon thread starter macrumors regular

that cyder2 is giving trouble as well :p
    no qt, then installed qt,
    after that, sqlite comes up. Copied that sqlite file still has the same problem.
    What a fun to work on Iphone! No wonder its stock price goes that high. Thanks for all Iphone users :p

How do I restore a fresh ios 3.1.2 without shsh, please.

TU saved 6 files: 3.1.3 up to 4.2.1 but not my 3.1.2. The previous owner did good when hacking his :p

By the way, AAPL may get to $520...who wants it, please grasp while you can :p :apple:

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you have blob save for 3.1.3, then why not restore to that firmware. You still can unlock it because baseband only upgrade to 05.12.

10. phon thread starter macrumors regular

How do I restore that firmware? from Itunes? I have troubled with the other black 3gs was stucking at recovery mode already in 4 computers (which included IMac)...and still in recovery room without visitor :p. Would not want another one to be victimize of that :p

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just follow the basic procedure on how to restore Iphone 3GS/Iphone 4 with SHSH blob save.

1. Make sure you have the correct firmware you want to restore onto your phone.
    2. Make sure you have TU on your computer.
    3. Put your phone into DFU mode, shift + restore and point to that firmware while having TU's TSS server running.

12. phon thread starter macrumors regular

please tell me where those firmwares located?

By the way, I turned off and on, now it has wifi...but I still want to uninstall this blacksn0w. May I just install ultrasn0w on top? Will it get conflict once jailbroken from blackra1n (no wonder it's called black :p )

Thanks

13. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Iclarified.com has all the firmwares you need or you can google search on this. we can't add put it here because it against the forum's rule.

Uninstall Blacksn0w by going into Cydia and click on it, then uninstall it.

14. phon thread starter macrumors regular

1. I downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware since last night from redmondpie. Its size 306MB, would be ok to restore?

2. No blacksn0w in cydia is presented. When using seach, there are two version 1, which say install not uninstall.
    (the blacksn0w was installed directly from blackra1n (which he has it on 3gs's home page).

15. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

How do you install blacksn0w from blackra1n? It is a jailbreak tool with 1 click operations. At the end it installs a cydia icon onto your phone. So, I am confused about you installing backsn0w onto your phone by using blackra1n.:confused:

16. phon thread starter macrumors regular

He has both the blackra1n icon and cydia icon on iphone's homepage. I was merely clicked on blackran1n icon, and it shows snow. I do then installed from there.
    The problem I think it is that blacksn0w was embedded in blackra1n. Once you installed, it can not remove unless do a fresh IOS restore :rolleyes:

My most important question is: since I do not have that 3.1.2 save, would it work using the restore 3.1.2, which was downloaded from redmondpie?
    If it is impossible, then the 3.1.3 should be fine (because its shsh saved in TU)?

Thanks a lot !

17. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I never try to restore 3GS to 3.1.2 without blob. So, I don't know the answer to that, I do know that for 3G, you can restore to any firmware below 4.0 without blob save. So, it doesn't hurt to try it. If it is not working, then restore it to 3.1.3 and you still can keep its old baseband.

18. phon thread starter macrumors regular

so, I may:
    1. open TU, and run TSS server
    2. open itunes, shift + restore by point to the downloaded 3.1.2 file?

3. it that is unacceptable, then start with 3.1.3 shsh saved in TU to do a upgrade restore?

Although, read many posts about stucking in recovery mode once restore from jailbreaked iphone. Should I be concerned?

I am talk too much today. Hope my boss will not retire me as personal business while on duty :p

19. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Try without TU to see if it go through.
    2. Put your phone in DFU mode first, then shift + restore and point to the file.
    3. Yes.

You should not have any concern about bricking/destroying an iphone. It is very hard to destroy unless it is related to hardware issue.

20. phon, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

phon thread starter macrumors regular

about to restore....
    but, after restored, does the phone need to be activated with original sim before I can access to it? If it does, I am going to get trouble again then :p

edited: I found that custom activated file.

See you in a bit :p

21. phon thread starter macrumors regular

Hello Crysta-RX,

Am back :p

Following were steps I did:

1. restored the fresh 3.1.2 activated file from iphoneheat.... and saw that Cydia box along with icy icon sat on iphone's homepage. A little upset because it must be jailbroken from Blackra1n :rolleyes:.
    And opened the cydia, this thingy kept spinning endlessly :eek:

Then decided....
    2. Okay.......downloaded 3.1.2 activated, from sinulf iphone (fixed MMS by using them, therefore they earned my trust :p).
    After restored (no Icy icon...oh yeah :p), cydia was at loading data still :cool:

3. Went to about 10 webpages and here what I found:

<<<* download and install iphonebrowser
    * navigate to /etc/apt and rename sources.list.d to sources.list.d.old and create a new (empty) sources.list.d
    * save the sources.list.d.old to your desktop
    * drag saurik.list and zodttd.list into the new sources.list.d
    * delete the contents of /private/lib/apt/lists (apart from the partial folder)
    * restart cydia.>>>
    (Thanks to Radom Bob. Can we be friends? :p:p)
    http://iphonehelp.in/2009/04/15/how-to-resolve-cydia-crash-problem-while-loading-data-screen/

Ding ding ding ding........tic...tac....tic...tac......
    .......It works....oh lalala..........Ultrasn0w is all I needed......now. Deal ! :p

Wait, one more thing....that is....
    Sinulf Iphone repo added for Tmobile MMS
    and my setting:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    APN: epc.tmobile.com

Voila......that's All I want.....for the time being :apple::p

Regardless, I do appreciated all the contributions sincerely.
    (PS. Crystal, if you dislike music, get on youtube, my music may help you sleep better tonight :p)

22. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Glad it works out for you.....enjoy your phone! ;)