iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 fail to reboot. Can I restore without update OS? Solved!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Roseattle, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Roseattle macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I searched all over the internet, but I couldn't get the right solution. I really need your help now.

I have a iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with jailbroke by blackrain. It worked perfectly till today. I was using internet tethering. And then all the sudden the phone froze. I tried numbers of time to force reboot. But all my attempts failed. Now, I am thinking to restore it to my previous backup point, which is this morning before I use the tethering. Ant the fawking apple itune doesn't want me to restore it without updating to 3.1.3.

Back up the story a little bit here, I found a file named "iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore" in my recycle bin about a few days ago. I pulled it out of the recycle bin and saved it just in case of some sh*t happens.

I have windows 7. I hold Shift while clicked the Restore button, and choose the file named "iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore" as my restore point. The itune still doesn't want me to restore it. I'm frustrated now.

I searched online to find out where my backup files are. They are just whole bunch of small files in the folder named MobileSync/Backup/. I found like hundreds of files dated this morning. But I can't use those files to restore.

Now, I need your help. Either help me to reboot the phone, or help me to restore the phone without updating the OS. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

========================================================
    ========================================================
    Problem solved! I successfully got my SHSH certification on the last second and restored my iphone 3GS to its factory settings. As I'm typing, I am restoring the songs, contacts, picture and those stuff.

If you have to restore you phone but can't do so without updating OS, please DON'T UPDATE, and look into this post:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downg...gs-restore-verification-server-ecid-shsh.html

It has every single bits you need to solve this problem. Good luck!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you have your iphones SHSH's certificates saved thru cydia?
    If you did you can restore to 3.1.2
    If not its not possible at the moment.
    Read this for step by step info if your SHSH's are on file with Sauriks server.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7557

3. damant macrumors 6502

damant

i'm in the same boat..need to restore but can't do it without going to 3.1.3...
    hopefully dev team gonna play nice and release jailbreak fix for new bootroom 3.1.2 3gs soon.

4. Roseattle thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I didn't. I didn't know about it till now. Is it too late to save the SHSH's certificates??:eek::eek::eek:

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, Im affraid so.
    You never used cydia before while you were jailbroken?

6. Roseattle thread starter macrumors newbie

I used cydia, but I didn't know about the ECID thing. How noob I am!! Ahhhhhhh.

What should I do now??

7. Roseattle thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved!!!! Solution updated in the first post. Good luck! ;););)

8. waleed786 macrumors newbie

I tried it and created my shsh and everything went fine but itunes still gives me an error when trying to restore. What windows do you have?

9. Roseattle thread starter macrumors newbie

I use Windows7. Even the instruction said Windows7 can't do this, I made it.

You have to change the file named "host" in a folder in your systme32 folder if you are using a windows. I think this is also stated in the instruction.

good luck

10. cutloosecmp macrumors newbie

I am currently on 3.1.2 but my iphone has frozen on the apple logo. I dont want to restore it to 3.1.3 because I need the network unock. I have downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware but itunes no longer alllows restores on old firmwares.

Any ideas?

Please Help

Thanks