iPhone 3GS, 3.1.2 JB and Pwnage, Cydia Crashing...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nutsnbolts, Jun 29, 2010.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

Ok, I went through Pwnage to upgrade and followed essentially every directions I found online to the "T".

The result, everything works and JB'd iOS4 but Cydia would crash. It just goes back to the Springboard. I have tried JB'd/Pwng again 3 times already and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Finally, based on one solution I found which is really a workaround is going "SIMPLE" mode and let PWNAGE do everything itself which means having the Pineapple logo, etc. Cydia here works.

So...I really don't want to have to stick to these logos but I do want my JB.

Any suggestions and yes I have tried deleting "files" that is supposedly in the update folders and what not but this is a fresh installation and nothing is in there.

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You can try downloading one of the many cooked IPSW's on the net..

3. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Any suggestions on any of the "cooked" ones out there? That works?

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I have tried these and they work like a charm.

5. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Can someone explain the difference between a 'cooked' ipsw and a custom one you create using pwnage tool on your computer?

6. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

From my understanding, at least what I have always believed it to be is that "cooked" has added files from the original file that someone modified.

Where as, "baked" has just simply been modified.

7. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Coincidentally, that is the one I used... hehehe I know, I know, Google works, hence that is what I found but there are tons out there.