Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 Restore?!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Plibble, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Plibble macrumors newbie

Hi everybody! I have had my Iphone 32GB 3GS 3.1.2. Jailbroken through BlackRa1n for about 3 Months now... My battery was fully charged one day at school I went to hit the wake button and it refused to turn on... Including Holding the power/menu button to reset... I plug it into Itunes and it says device unrecgonized and Itunes says "device has malfunctioned and needs to be restored... But as its a 3GS It will freeze during Restore... I cannot put it into DFU Mode through the Iphone itself because its basically dead... What do I do!?!? please help me out! :confused:

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If the phone is currently jailbroken, has old bootrom and you can get into recovery mode use iTunes to restore to custom restore 3.1.2 IPSW

or if you saved your 3.1.2 SHSH in Cydia, use Saurik's restore method.

3. luvu01 macrumors regular

Can you do that? you got to show me how to do it! without 3.1.2 shsh in cydia

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Use Pwnage Tool to make a custom Restore 3.1.2 IPSW (iClarified has a tutorial). Then you have to be able to get your phone into recovery mode, use iTunes, pointed at custom restore IPSW to fix it.

5. luvu01 macrumors regular

i thought when you do like that it will force your iphone to restore to 3.1.3 right?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Not if (as you stated) you are currently jailbroken. Make sure to use shift + restore (on pc) and select your custom ipsw.

7. luvu01 macrumors regular

so are you saying that if i have iphone 3gs old bootrom currently on 3.1.2 jailbreak and unlocked. i can somehow restore it back to 3.1.2? with out shsh save on cydia?

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As long as you can get it into recovery mode

9. luvu01 macrumors regular

ok so when you mean old bootrom. its not the MCxxxx models? # or the newer one which is the 4th and 5th of the serial # is less than 39?

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Old bootrom is untethered jailbreak - this method will work on that phone
    New bootrom is tethered jailbreak - this method will not work on that phone

Simple as I can make it. Model # doesn't matter except for IPT

11. luvu01 macrumors regular

ok i have iphone 3gs 32gb untethered jailbreak (when i turn off and turn on again i dont have to re-jailbreak again) and my boot loader is 06.04 using fuzzyband to check. btw can you show me the link where can i find the information you are saying

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There is no link. If you want to look thru the threads here, plenty have done this successfully.

Currently jailbroken, old bootrom, can get into recovery mode

Get or make a custom restore 3.1.2 IPSW (if that's the firmware version you want) and use iTunes to install it.

If on a Mac, use Pwnage Tool to make the custom restore IPSW, use iTunes option + restore to point iTunes at the IPSW you made (browse to it)

If on PC, find the correct custom restore IPSW (must start with 2.1.. for 3GS) and use shift + restore to browse to custom restore IPSW.

That's it.