Iphone 3Gs 3.1.2 Tmobile Home Linksys NOT

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hockeynuts, Mar 20, 2010.

1. hockeynuts macrumors newbie

After reading the posts I can’t find solution for my issues as follows:

Lost Edge network so rest network settings didn’t work so I powered down and powered up, connected to itunes, ran blackrain (tethered JB). Edge network working again.

Now I can't "see" home network Linksys 2.4 G WRT54G. Typed the name and still cant find it…

Changed network name and removed WEP key still cant see network.

Please help wise iphone users.......thx

2. hockeynuts thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Now the phone can’t find any wifis. I have gone to locations that were my wifi connections and the phone won’t find said wifis. I see the little spiral spin then nothing.

Last resort is to hard reset? If so what is the protocol, hard reset, connect to iTunes run balckrain?

I read this my be a blackrain issue?

3. hockeynuts thread starter macrumors newbie

More Update- RESLOVED with minor issue

After much research and google I figure out what I was doing wrong which is sort of funny thing. I was resetting network settings from the "cellular data network" page. I did this several times unsuccessfully.

HOWEVER, online I found a step where the network settings are reset by going through the "reset" page at the bottom of the general settings. Pick "reset network settings" turns red. This will reset network settings, reboot into recovery mode, run balckra1n and WIFI works- yeah.

Then I went back to enter cellular data information and wifi works.

BUT - when I added MMS information, wifi does not work.

Rest network settings again as listed above, ran blackra1n and wifi works again. So, from what I gather MMS settings somehow interact with unlocked blackra1n, cydia tmobile?

Nonetheless, I have Wifi which is more important than MMS - at least for now?

4. luvu01 macrumors regular

ok here is 2 solutions to your problem.
    use the reset in general and reset network
    if it does not work you can go to cydia and download this app wififofum and turn on wifi and run the app and find your wifi

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And you can download the legacy package thru cydia for Tmobile mms settings.

6. hockeynuts thread starter macrumors newbie

7. luvu01 macrumors regular

glad to help

8. HaydenHarnet macrumors newbie

installing wififofum and configuring it(you can find detailed wiki on the application website)has solvedthe problem for me