Iphone 3gs 3.1.2

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Hi

I have a 3gs on 3.2.1 firmware and I used blackra1n to jailbreak it but once the jailbreak was complete it put the phone into recovery mode and itunes is telling me to restore it. i did download a 3.1.2 firmware but when i try to restore it, it just wants me to upgrade to 4.3.3. can someone help me on how to do this so that i can keep my firmware.

i want to unlock my iphone..

thanks

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hi

I have a 3gs on 3.2.1 firmware and I used blackra1n to jailbreak it but once the jailbreak was complete it put the phone into recovery mode and itunes is telling me to restore it. i did download a 3.1.2 firmware but when i try to restore it, it just wants me to upgrade to 4.3.3. can someone help me on how to do this so that i can keep my firmware.

i want to unlock my iphone..

thanks
You would need the SHSH saved for 3.1.2 to restore back to it.

Comment

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
dunno how that works..if it was something i needed to do before doing the jailbreak than i did not do it. is there something i can do now to unlock the phone? before jailbreaking it..it was on an unlockable baseband

Comment

ylerT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Las Vegas
dunno how that works..if it was something i needed to do before doing the jailbreak than i did not do it. is there something i can do now to unlock the phone? before jailbreaking it..it was on an unlockable baseband
Create a custom firmware with PwnageTool (Mac) or sn0wbreeze (Windows). This will allow you to update to 4.3.3 but it will not update your unlockable baseband.

Comment

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
would you hpn to have a guide that i can follow on how to do this? or if you can guide me on how to do this? id appriciate it thanks

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.