Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 Activation.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RecoverE, Apr 4, 2010.

1. RecoverE macrumors newbie

I recently acquired an iphone 3gs from a friend at school. (Yes by acquired I do mean bought). I had it on 3.1.2 firmware for a while and no I (stupidly) forgot to save my SHSH on sauriks server. My iphone did the apple logo loop and I restored to 3.1.3 (cause you know apple sucks sometimes). So since I am NOT an AT&T customer, I got the activationi screen for the iphone. Now here is where my problem is, since there is no hacktivation for iphone 3gs yet i am stuck here... right?

My ideas:

-Get a gophone SIM card and activate it through that (unconfirmed)
    -Turbo sim? (already ordered)
    -Borrow a sim from a friend (do I have to be on itunes to activate or just plug the sim in and thats it?)
    -Wait.... a month.... for the Devteam/GeoHot

Thanks for any help/ideas/pity/anything else that you give!
    RecoverE

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

you should be able to activate with any old at&t sim but then all you're going to have is an iPod camera until the unlock comes out.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

well Jailbreak may come soon

but know word on a unlock for 3.1.3 the problem with 3.1.3 is dev-team and Geohotz both feel the firmware just came out to remove there previous exploit on 3.1.2! it's such a minor update. If they release it then that will tip Apple as too how to find and then fix the exploit! they are hoping that when a major firmware comes out the exploit will still be there in say 4.0 if they don't release one now. so it might be a while sorry TS. but they might surprise us to!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even if you activate it with an AT&T sim you will still not be able to use it on any carrier besides AT&T. You can use it as an ipod touch.
    Theres no unlock or JB currently for the 3.1.3 3GS models.
    A JB will be released down the road but not sure about another unlock. Those usually take longer and are more complex.

5. RecoverE thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I'm fine with just having it as an iPod/camera cause right now it's a brick... A very pretty brick just sitting in my desk waiting for use.

Do I just stick the sim in and it'll activate? Or do I have to be physically connected to iTunes?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you will need to be plugged in to iTunes with the AT&T sim inside the phone.
    It only takes a few seconds to activate.

7. RecoverE thread starter macrumors newbie

Well thank you very much applejuiced :) Ill steal a friends card or something tomorrow... :D