iphone 3gs 32gb hacktivation

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iloveiphone4, Jul 18, 2010.

1. iloveiphone4 macrumors member

hi guys - bought an iphone 3gs 32gb on CL thinking that i can unlock it but its been a nightmare until now.. my iphone is a 3gs 32gb with i359.3 bootrom, 6.4 bootloader, 3.1.3 software, baseband 5.14.01 (upgraded to ios 4.0 and downgraded once again, have shsh blobs for 3.1.3 and 4.01, missed 4.0) and a serial number of 86941UFE3NR with model number MC159....

can anyone help me identify the country of origin, or ways to hacktivate it... pls help out as i cant find anything online anywhere...

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

The Spirit2Pwn method has been posted here which some users have had success with.
    If you go ahead, when you are creating the Custom FW you will have the option to hacktivate.

3. iloveiphone4 thread starter macrumors member

i know about spirit2pwn, but only problem is phone is currently in emergency call mode saying phone needs to be activated before i can use it. apologize for not mentioning that in my first post. i bought the phone thinking i could fix that, but nothing has worked for me.

another forum member mentioned that the phone model number looks like it belongs to movistar spain, anyone here willing to donate an old SIM card, i can pay $ for it. the min prepaid i found was $60, dont want to spend that much, if anyone has any, please respond.. even with $1 left on it..

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it locked to AT&T?
    Whast country did you purchase it at?
    The seller didint tell you what company it was locked to?
    You will need to find a simcard even an inactive one to activate the phone and then JB and unlock.

5. iloveiphone4 thread starter macrumors member

Ok guys, i found out how to activate it without original SIM card, Sherif Hashim of the iphone unlock fame just posted a video of how to do it, but now i cant seem to get the phonebook SIM which he mentioned in his video. i called three radio shacks and none of them had it...

can anyone post a link to it if they find any in any store..

6. oakland6980 macrumors member

oakland6980

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/719737-iphone-4-activation-without-original-sim-card.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+home_all+(MMi+|+Homepage+All)&utm_content=Twitter

he said buy a phonebook sim from radioshack or online.

heres the link from the youtube video http://bit.ly/belmrF

looks kind of confusing though be he said that works...might just read the comments on the video