iPhone 3GS 3G cell Reception Problem with video

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DreamcastDC, Oct 3, 2009.

1. DreamcastDC macrumors member

This is my 2nd replacement unit, my original 3GS had a faulty GPS chip, my 1st replacement had dust behind the screen, so now I am on my 2nd replacement and as you can see from the video everytime when I hold the iPhone 3GS in my hand the 3G signal bar drops, and when I lay it back down it goes back to full bar, my original 3GS reception was fine in my house, so was my 1st replacement unit, both was running on 3.0.1 though, I try restoring my phone as new, still the same thing.. So could it be that 3.1 is messing up my 3g reception or could it be the hardware? Anyone else experienced this problem?

Here is a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIv8NX6FOs

2. DreamcastDC thread starter macrumors member

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I've heard of the opposite, where holding it increased the cell service. I think that had something to do with the body being like a giant antenna, no clue with this tho

4. DreamcastDC thread starter macrumors member

Its only like this indoors for this iPhone 3GS, outside it is fine.

5. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

This is a known problem and Apple is aware of it.

First, you will notice this imprinted somewhere on your body:
    [​IMG]
    You will need to terminate all communications with Sector 7 and your reception should be unaffected afterwards.

6. DreamcastDC thread starter macrumors member

Man I sure hope Apple fix this in the next update, and it better be soon.

7. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

My 3GS does this too. There's a lot of indoor places where I have to set the phone down to get a signal.