Iphone 3GS 3G connection not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphone-addict, Mar 17, 2010.

1. iphone-addict macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm new in forum.. just wondering if any of the iphone expert here could help me with my problem.. I've got a jailbroken(blackrain) and unlocked Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 32Gb that has problem with its 3G connection.. whether 3G tab is switched to ON or OFF still no 3G connection.. while another iphone 3GS next to me is connected to 3G.. I've tried things like reset network setting etc with no luck at all.. Also I have tried switching my simcard to another iphone and the 3g is all good. on the other hand, the other simcard that goes into my iphone also does not have 3G connection.. So i'm guessing there's probably hardware problem with my 3GS.. Anyone that can share some light with me/point me to right direction would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks Heaps..

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

When you say unlocked, do you mean that you're trying to use it on Tmobile? (If you're in the US) You can only use EDGE on Tmo's network, their 3G runs on a different band

3. iphone-addict thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'm not using it on T-mobile...I'm using the phone on Vodafone NZ in 3g coverage..