iphone 3gs, 4.0.1, jb/ul - need help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by troyhouse, Dec 30, 2011.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

hello all, i am using 3gs, jb and ul on 4.0.1 and from last 2 weeks, battery and memory utilized has gone completely haywire. i have sbssettings that shows mem utilized on the task bar and it keeps going down, then it will reset on its own and the cycle will continue.

i have tried removing all the recently installed apps, changed all the settings but to no help. this has made the phone completely unusable as everything crashes due to lack of memory.

looking for any ideas or tips.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Cook a customs 4.1 firmware or 5.0.1 firmware while preserving its baseband and restore to it, then unlock with ultrasn0w 1.2.5. Do not restore to stock firmware because if you do, you will loose the phone's unlockable baseband.

3. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

i want to avoid that, as this was configuration was stable till now and want to fix it if i can do that.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

use iFaith.

5. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

removed all the recently added apps, just 1 email now, and still same. memory usage just keeps going down starts with 135 and then its like a countdown goes to 15 or so and then resprings.

----------

put the phone in airplane mode, disabled data/wifi and still same. something has really been messed up and not able to figure it out.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you have shah blobs save? If yes, just retore to one of that firmware, set up as new and you are good to go.

7. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

i do have shsh blobs saved, but need some help to do it correctly and i cannot lose unlock, as use it with t-mobile.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What blobs do you have? If you have 4.0.1, then you can restore to that firmware by using official firmware because it has the baseband that can be unlocked by ultrasn0w. 4.1 and above must use customs firmware. When restoring your phone, make sure to have TU's TSS server running.

9. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

any step by step instructions or link to guide? i really dont want to mess it up.

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Download iPhone 4 4.0.1 fw to your computer.
    2. Download tiny umbrella to your computer if you don't have it now.
    3. Hook your phone to your computer. Open itunes.
    4. Open tiny umbrella, click on "start TSS server"
    5. Put your phone into dfu mode, itunes will inform you that your phone is in recovery mode and need to be restored. Hit okay.
    6. Shift + restore (if you have PC) or option + restore (if you have mac), then point it to 4.0.1 fw you download it earlier.
    7. ITunes will restore it for you.

11. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the instructions, but i was able to find the issue and resolve without restoring it.

i deleted all the email accounts, and it seems my work account email was messed up. as soon as i removed it, usage stabilized and then i readded it after sometime, and it seems to be working just fine.

now, i am adding all the apps that i really need again.

thanks for the help again.

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX