iPhone 3GS 4.0 jailbreak/unlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acfusion29, Jul 23, 2010.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I really hate making new threads because it clutters up the board, and this question I'm gonna ask has probably been beaten to death, but I've searched Google since 4:45PM and I CANNOT figure this out.

A few things.

1. my friend gave me an iPhone 3GS, locked to Bell. he needs to use it on Rogers. I don't know which firmware it's running, but I do know it's at least 4.0.

2. the phone is not activated, so I can't see anything.

is this unlockable? if so, how the hell do i do it? do i need to activate the phone first?

some please get to me asap. i don't have time to search anymore cause i'm at work, and would love to come back online to see whether or not this is possible. my friend needs a phone.

thanks

2. charuzzi macrumors newbie

No. You can't do anything right now except converting it to an iPod Touch with the camera. What all you need is, put the Bell's sim card in it and activate.

There is no tools regarding the unlock or jaibreak OFW 4.0, but I hope it will be very soon.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing available yet for your friends situation. Maybe another week or 2 I hope.

4. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Look for someone to trade with who is in the reverse situation.

5. tytydavis macrumors newbie

i would keep the iphone 3gs and just wait for the jail brake to come out im in the same boat your in and right now im just using it as a ipod touch tell a jail brake comes out it shouldnt be to much longer for the jail brake to come out so just use it as a ipod and then when it comes out jail brake it because the 3gs is the phone step down from the iphone 4 so you dont want to downgrade to much so just wait if i were you thats what im doing.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Might this be the "run on sentence" my 3rd grade teacher warned me about ? :rolleyes:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D

8. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I'm also going under the hope the English isn't his first language.

9. still in school macrumors 6502

I ran out of breath reading this.

What? so you're going to tell it when to come out? Maybe you should change it's brake pads while you're at it.