iphone 3Gs 4.1 Sim not supported

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psychosinks, Oct 1, 2010.

1. psychosinks macrumors newbie

hello,
    last week i got a iPhone 3Gs. that was fully functional. it's the first time i handled iphone. in that time I've done 'erase content and settings' under settings menu on iphone. then my phone didn't boot up. i guess i deleted phone's OS also. i connected iphone to my PC, sync with iTunes and restored and updated. i've updated to iOS 4.1. and then when i inserted my SIM, it shows Sim not supported. and showing 'iTunes-data cable' image on iphone.

some how I've inserted iPhone supported Foreign Country's SIM and got these menu. but not able to use phone anymore with bangladeshi SIM

Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Carrier: Carrier lab 8.0
    Model: MC147C
    Serial: 86930R2A3NP
    Modem firmware: 05.14.02

i'm from Bangladesh. how can i solve these problem? please sombody help me.
    how can i use iphone in my country with my SIM?
    plz help me

thank you.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You updated the phone and removed the unlock. You are out of luck unless you can downgrade the phone and reunlock the phone again. It looks like you will be phone less until an unlock for 4.1 or 4.2 comes out.

3. psychosinks thread starter macrumors newbie

thx

is there no option bro?? can anyone tell me when i'll get unlock for these OS?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing you can do now but wait for a new unlock and jb.
    You gotta be alot more careful with a jb and unlocked iPhone.

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

This is a real problem that hurts Apple's reputation and sales.

6. psychosinks thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you read it. It states it will allow you to update your phone to 4.1 using windows and without updating the baseband. You've already updated the baseband when you updated to 4.1 in iTunes so there is NO unlock that will work for you right now. You have to wait unti the dev team releases an unlock for the new baseband. No one knows when this will happen.

You can follow the official dev team blog by going to Blog.iPhone-dev.org. When it released it will be announced here first.

8. psychosinks thread starter macrumors newbie

Erase content and settings.

My current OS is 4.1. that wht i mistakenly did. now my phone is locked and wid unsupported SIM. nothing i can do. i'm from bangladesh. my prevous OS is 4.0.2 and dat was unlocked and jailbroken.
    if i perform 'erase content and settings' on iphone what will happen then? will it delete my current firmware, baseband? after deleting that may i able to restore to 4.0.2 or any other iOS? what will happen in os and base band. will i be able to jailbreak older os?
    Plz some one let me know.

thank you.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant go back and undo it now bro.
    With the 3GS is very tricky and you cannot downgrade the baseband to unlock ever once updated.
    All you can do is wait, you're pretty much stuck now.
    You might also need an official simcard to activate it or a phonebook sim.

10. psychosinks thread starter macrumors newbie

yap. waiting.. thx bro