Iphone 3gs 4.2.1 alot of problems with restoring and such.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zeronone, Oct 19, 2011.

1. zeronone macrumors newbie

This all started with error 3194. I was trying to fix it with amateur level technology skills, google being my best friend. Now, I have tiny umbrella, and I started by trying to use the TSS server to let me restore. I got some error, either 2006,1005,1600 or something so I found online to use greenpoison to rejailbreak it. I tried, and now it wont boot up unless I click "Fix Recovery", otherwise it will not respond to anything at all, no combination of keys will fix it. Instead I see the "Greenpois0n initialized" for a couple seconds. Everyone says to either hold space, which makes the VIDEO ON YOUTUBE (uploading now, see future edit) happen, and it shuts off and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes with Greenpois0n I can get it to jailbreak and show the skull boot logo, but it crashes and becomes unresponsive again. Itunes says its recovery mode, and every time I try to restore it I get an error, fix the error, get a new error, fix it, get a new one. One time the restore fully worked, I was SO HAPPY and it literally said "Phone is in recovery mode, restore to fix" and continued the cycle. I tried every known fix to solve the recovery mode loop without help

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

did you use Redsn0w to jailbreak it? try to restore it to 4.1, then jailbreak it. Few days ago, Apple still signs this firmware.

3. zeronone thread starter macrumors newbie

I just downloaded it, do I restore WITH TSS or without? because if I dont I think i'll get 3194 (idk though, firmware is still downloading). And I either used greenpoison or redsnow, Im not sure :/ I have both downloaded and my family has 4 iphones so Im not sure which I used and which somone else used

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since Apple still signs 4.1, you do not need to start TSS server for restoring.

Once it download, put your phone into DFU mode, and restore it to the firmware;

Iphone 2,1_4.1_8B117_restore.ipsw

Once it is done, jailbreak it with limerain. Here is the instruction;

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12133