iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 Getting Stuck at Apple Logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shehan0905, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Shehan0905 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey Everybody,

Just a week ago, I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS (newer version) 4.2.1 with redsn0w. That night itself I installed Cylay, a security app, and it asked me to reboot. When it reached the apple logo screen, it froze and the only way to get it our of that state was to put it into DFU mode and restore it. I did a bit of research and found that many people are having that issue. What I was wondering was, what is causing this to happen? Is there any way to prevent it? If it's completely random, and there's no explanation for it, I don't think it's worth jailbreaking my iPhone. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Since it's the newer iPhone 3GS i assume it uses the new bootrom, which means that everytime you restart it, you need to connect it to your computer, run redsn0w, and click on boot tethered. You'll go from DFU mode to boot.

The new bootrom are tethered boot, and you'll have the same problem with the iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod touch 4th gen. The iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) doesn't have this problem.

3. segaodma macrumors newbie

And there is no way to have a normal boot on a 3GS with a new bootrom at 4.2.1 firmware and 06.15.00 baseband?!
    I have to tether it every time I reboot?!

4. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Yes. It's a TETHERED jailbreak.

An untethered version will be available soon, but nobody knows exactly when...

5. segaodma macrumors newbie

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Assuming you have the newer bootrom 3GS, get the latest redsn0w and boot tethered.

7. segaodma macrumors newbie

well.. I have done it with 0.9.6, but I want untethered boot.
    I can't carry my notebook always with me. :)

8. segaodma macrumors newbie

I managed to downgrade the firmware. I had 4.2.1 with 06.15.00 radio. I saved the SHSH blobs from 4.2.1 and used TinyUmbrella + iTunes to upload the 4.1 firmware. Now I got a phone with 4.1 firmware, 06.15.00 radio, 4.2.1 blobs and it is stuck in UDF mode anytime it reboots. Are the 4.2.1 blobs the problem it goes in UDF mode? It's not stuck at the Apple logo as it used to be with the 4.2.1 firmware. I can tether boot it and it works unlocked. I tried to save new blobs but TinyUmbrella gets the 4.2.1 blobs even though the firmware is 4.1. How can I make 4.1 blobs, I see custom settings for ECID in the TinyUmbrella, but there is no setting for a firmware version. Any idea how to avoid the UDF mode at start now?