iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 with 6.15 iPad Baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jgurer, Oct 5, 2011.

1. jgurer, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

jgurer macrumors newbie

I have been trying to restore my iPhone 3gs 4.21 with the ipad baseband I used this tutorial http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1064509. But when I get done restoring it in itunes after I run it through the pwned dfu mode in redsnow the screen turns blank. I have tiny umbrella running and I have tried the fix recovery and it just sits there waiting on the iPhone to reboot. And I have also tried the exit recovery and the fix recovery that came out. And when I go to use redsnow to use the real firmware and install cydia it gets to screen with the running pinapple that says below installing activation bundles and then shuts off the bar doesnt even fill all the way up. I could be wrong but I think its stuck in DFU mode. When I boot tehtered it shows comes up with the iTunes usb logo that will let you make emergency calls but it says my sims card is bad but it has worked all this time before. What should I do? (it says there is no sims card installed in the iPhone you are trying to activate) and after while the phone says it needs a restore and then shuts off on its on after about 15 secs of displaying that

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

When your phone boot up to emergency screen, that is when the restore is completed. You will have to activate the phone whether using an old/inactivate AT&T sim or hactivate/jailbreak with redsn0w.

3. jgurer thread starter macrumors newbie

when I go into iTunes I get this error There is no sims card installed in this iPhone you are attempting to activate. But there is one in the phone

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If this is the case, then it is a hardware issue where your phone can't detect the sim inside. So, might be try to fix this issue first.

5. jgurer thread starter macrumors newbie

Could it be that my sims card is bad? And if not then how would I fix this hardware issue it's still under warranty but I doubt apple will take it back now

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It is not about the sim card. If it is bad, you will get other messages i.e invalid sim, no service etc.... Even if your sim is good, when you put your sim into the tray and put it into the phone, there is a metal part (when you open the phone out, you will see what I am talking about) where the sim tray dis-engate the contact point so iphone remove that no sim. So, if your sim tray did not stick all the way in, even your sim card is good, it still showing no sim card install it.