Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bridgeburner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
I have a 3g that jb forever... it was awesome til I put 4.2 on it... slow as hell now.... some things almost unusable.. so a buddy had a 3gs that he wasnt using and let me have it.... but its got 4.3.3 on it and its never been jb... i tried today but it bricked..used sn0wbreeze2.7 and also tried latest redsn0w i got 4.3.3 back on it official now..finally..... after using a fixrestore program..

im assuming the answer is no right now but is there a way to jb this phone without shsh?

thanks

phill50

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
if I'm understanding and your just doing a jailbreak.

you should be fine on a 3gs and 4.3.3 in the current so you dont need a shsh saved with on t.u

just use the tools on/at iclarified... should be easy but i must say my phone is a iphone 4

hope this helps

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, since 4.3.3 is the latest firmware out right now you dont need shsh blobs to restore to that.
Just restore the phone with itunes and try JB it again using the latest redsnow.
Go to iclarified for a tutorial if you want a step by step guide.

bridgeburner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
hmm really??

cuz I must have tried at least 8 times yesterday with no success.

Sn0wbreeze makes the ipsw but loading it through itunes fails every time.

Redsn0w also fails... I believe they fail at the same part.

Whenever it tries to do "exploiting with limerain..." the apple logo pops up on the phone and it goes to the plug into itunes restore screen but the pop up on the computer says "your phone should be in DFU mode (black screen) ...."

but its not.. i tried limerain or greenpoison on its own and the same thing happens... same when I use ireb... everytime the exploiting with limerain part the apple logo comes on and the phone goes to restore screen not dfu...... or it boots into the official firmware

I've jb a buncha times.. generally i know the steps... but this has been the only one I havent been able to do ..

its a 3gs MC model.. new bootrom if that matters.

Last edited:

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
hmm really??

cuz I must have tried at least 8 times yesterday with no success.

Sn0wbreeze makes the ipsw but loading it through itunes fails every time.

Redsn0w also fails... I believe they fail at the same part.

Whenever it tries to do "exploiting with green..." the apple logo pops up on the phone and it goes to the plug into itunes restore screen but the pop up on the computer says "your phone should be in DFU mode (black screen) ...."

but its not.. i tried greenpoison on its own and the same thing happens... same when I use ireb... everytime the exploiting with greenpoisn part the apple logo comes on and the phone goes to restore screen not dfu......

I've jb a buncha times.. generally i know the steps... but this has been the only one I havent been able to do ..

its a 3gs MC model.. new bootrom if that matters.

You're not doing something right when putting the phone in DFU. Without it being in DFU you cannot jailbreak.

Make sure, before you open redsn0w, plug your phone in to the USB and turn it off. Then follow the steps onscreen to a T. Also, once it says "jailbreaking", I like to keep my finger on the home button until the code runs across your device's screen.

bridgeburner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
meant limerain not greenpoison...
but uhm... im doing it right.. for sure.. ive done it before...

I just tried a different cable and that seeems to have worked, I did everythign exactly the same but a different cable and redsn0w....wow.

yesterday the furthest i got was the code scrolling and it stopped at error mounting read-only fs

i seee the pineapple now and installing bundles so I'm guessing it will complete..

just a different cable... i dont understand that.
waste so many hours trying and restoring... ugh.

thanks all for the help and info!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011

I just tried a different cable and that seeems to have worked, I did everythign exactly the same but a different cable and redsn0w....wow.

yesterday the furthest i got was the code scrolling and it stopped at error mounting read-only fs

i seee the pineapple now and installing bundles so I'm guessing it will complete..

Glad you got it to work!

phill50

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011

sorry about the lost time but happy you were able to get the job done!!

I know Ive read others haven the same problem before but how to know to check a cable?? sucks and can eat up lots of time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.