Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0bab0i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
So a friend gave me their messed up 3GS to help them try to fix. All they told me was that the phone had iPad BB installed on it and it wouldn't start, stuck on charging loop.

I put the phone on pwned DFU and installed a No_bb 5.1 restore onto the phone. Then used resn0w again to install cydia & iPad BB.

Boot tethered the phone and now the phone has Wifi & Bluetooth greyed out, but the odd thing is that its showing the IMEI & Modem firmware. Anyone else ever deal with a problem like this? I've come across phones that had WiFi & bluetooth greyed out but the IMEI & Modem firmware were blank for those phones also. This one is somehow still showing IMEI and Firmware as 6.15.00.

Any ideas on this fix?

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
The flash chip on the iPhone could be messed up. You'd definitely need to reflow the flash or baseband chips. If you're up to the task, I could paste some diagrams. You might need to replace the chips as well if the reflow fails.

b0bab0i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
The flash chip on the iPhone could be messed up. You'd definitely need to reflow the flash or baseband chips. If you're up to the task, I could paste some diagrams. You might need to replace the chips as well if the reflow fails.

Just gonna give the phone back haha, don't want mess with reflowing/ soldering new chips onto the logicboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.