iPhone 3gs Alarm Clock problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smilingsydney, Oct 6, 2010.

1. smilingsydney macrumors newbie

Hi,

My iPhone 3gs' alarm clock keeps going off not as I set it to. For example, I set it to go off at 7:00AM every morning, but instead it goes off at 4:00AM everyday!!! I have lost my sleep and energy for the past 1 week (waking up at 4:00AM, just can't believe it).

I have tried to reset the clock for 7:00AM, as well as resetting everything to factory settings, but I so far haven't been able to sort it out. I have updated the software and still the problem lingers.

Do you have a similar issue? How should I fix this issue? Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to recovering my sleep soon :)

2. ooninay macrumors member

Bizarre, man. I use the alarm on my iPhone every day and I've never had that problem. 3G here. I wonder if it might have anything to do with time zone settings on your phone? Just grabbing at straws here...

3. briansydney macrumors newbie

"Sorry i cant help, but i am suffering"

I am having the same problem with my iphone 3gs 32 gb it started with the daylight savings time change and now i have to set my alarm for 6 am to wake up at 5 am

My wife has the iphone 3gs 16 gb and she has not updated the software or the firmware and her phone still works so i guess it is in the software

4. smilingsydney thread starter macrumors newbie

I have partially fixed the alarm clock issue, but now I have exactly the same issue as yours. I now have to set the alarm at 9:00AM if I want to get up at 8:00AM! It seems to be about the daylight savings, and I don't know how to get around this...

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Turn off recurrence. It's a stupid bug that no one thought of when they released 4.1

6. frustrated11 macrumors newbie

annoyed alarm time no longer exists in phone

I had the same problem needed to change my alarm from 6 am m-f to 7 am
    m-f deleted the 6 am one and it still goes off at 6 am the 6 am no longer exists on my alarm list. I then restarted my phone to see if the day light savings had anything to do with it. It still does it, called iphone and they told me to delete my whole list of alarms restart my phone and put in the alarm I want I did and the thing still goes off at 6 am. m-f any ideas this started before day light savings and it's really annoying and has made my kid late for school as this is our alarm