iPhone 3Gs, all data transfer stopped working.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spd dmn, Aug 27, 2009.

1. spd dmn macrumors newbie

Everything was working fine yesterday. But today when I connect the iPhone to my computer, it starts charging but nothing else works.

Running windows XP.

I can use iTunes fine. As soon as I connect the iPhone, iTunes freezes and stops responding. If I connect the iPhone then start iTunes, iTunes will freeze and stop responding immediately. I'm not getting the 'camera device detected' when I connect the iPhone anymore, and I can no longer access the phone or photoreel through 'My Computer'.

I have not done an update to iTunes nor the iPhone. I have tried another iPhone usb cable with the same result. I have also tried it on another computer with no success.

I have restarted the phone and the computer, and now I've run out of ideas.

It was all working fine yesterday :(

Has anyone else had this problem, is their a fix? Why would it have stopped working all of a sudden with no changes to anything?

Thank You.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I had this problem awhile back on my XP. I believe what I did was reinstall iTunes. If that doesn't help you can try going back to a previous XP system restore a few days back.

3. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Sometimes I miss problems like this. I feel like my computer science degree is going to waste with a Mac. Is this strange? And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

4. spd dmn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I had it plugged in while I was searching the net for an answer..... about 2hrs later it all of a sudden connected :confused: anyway it's working now. Maybe my computer was just being stupidly slow coz normally it connects str8 away.