iPhone 3GS and FiOS ActionTec not compatible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zebra2009, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Zebra2009 macrumors newbie

I have FiOS internet service with WiFi provided by ActionTec router provided by Verizon. Two days ago I got two new iPhones 3GS and they cannot connect to the internet via WiFi. I tried changing the network security from WPA2 to WEP, and also with no security at all. The internet connection doesn't work in any security setting and the error message that appears is "Cannot Open Page: Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." The two iPhones connect to the WiFi but the internet doesn't work. Thus all applications that depend on the internet don't work, like Weather and Stocks. However, email works fine and the websites of Google and Yahoo also work fine. All other websites don't work, like www.apple.com, www.cnn.com, and any other that I've tried. On my iPhone 2G I did not have such an issue. My MacBook Pro connects with its wireless network/internet without a problem, and my Dell PC also connects with the wireless network without a problem. I look forward to the solution to this problem and I thank you in advance.

2. zep&mac92 macrumors newbie

Same equipment and no problems

I own both an iPhone 3GS and a verizon actiontec router. So far, I've had no problems with the iphone, although one time I had an issue with it working with PCs and no macs in the house. My only suggestion is to try restoring your iPhone and choosing the option "not from backup" to make it as fresh as possible. Unfortunately, this will delete your app data but you will be able to keep music, contacts, calendars, etc. Also, if that doesn't work, call up verizon. They have pretty good customer support and you should be able to get a new router for free. Hopefully that helps.