iPhone 3GS and new hard drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by superrrrkate, Aug 9, 2011.

1. superrrrkate macrumors newbie

This problem has been driving me CRAZY for MONTHS. I have not been able to find a solution online.

I reimaged my hard drive in March. Since then, when I try to sync my iPhone, it doesn't recognize the iTunes library as the exact same one that's already on it. If I want to sync my iPhone, it tells me that I have to erase all of the data off of it. I don't care about the music. I would hate to lose my Contacts, but that's not really the problem either.

What is really making me mad is the fact that I would lose all of my App data. My fiancee uses my phone often to play games and has two that he has spent a lot of time playing. If the progress of these games is erased, I will be hearing about it for the rest of my life. Plus, I don't want to see him sad.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you find a solution? If not, do you just want to complain about it with me?! Cool.

2. MacPlugin macrumors newbie

There is a program called pod to mac that can get your contacts out. It does cost money but it works.

3. funkymatt, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

funkymatt macrumors newbie

there is a thread on macrumors with this topic already - i got my issue resolved there:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1189743