iphone 3gs and other data plan on at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jagk2j, Jul 27, 2009.

1. jagk2j macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i am currently using LG Vu with an unlimited dataplan ($15) from at&t. i recently got iphone 3gs (unlocked) but i don't want to sign in contract with at&t so my question is can i still keep the unlimited dataplan on my iphone or shud i HAVE to sign contract with at&t even if i am using unlocked phone.Does at&t know i have unlocked phone and shut my service? plz help

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

They can tell you're using an iPhone and will just change your bill to the $30 a month plan. It won't happen instantly, but it will happen eventually.

3. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Isn't there like some Fake APN setting he can use to trick at&t into thinking he is NOT using the iphone?

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

I didn't think that switching data plans required that a new contract be signed. My roommates iPhone 3G died, so he re-activated his original iPhone (which switched him to the $20/month data plan), and when he got his 3G back a few days later (fixed), he switched back to the $30/month data plan. It didn't mess with his contract dates at all.

5. jagk2j thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh thanx for the reply! is there something like that? i sure want to know more about it.

6. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

I wanted to know the reverse. If I pick up a blackberry and switch the SIM am I going to get screwed?

7. imachack macrumors newbie

8. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Call and remove the iPhone plan.