iPhone 3GS and Problems Connecting to AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chisoxbull, Oct 1, 2009.

1. chisoxbull macrumors member

Has anyone else been having issues with the auto connection to AT&T wifi hotspots. My iPhone 3GS sits at the connecting screen and never auto connects. I have done everything such as restore and reset network settings and nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Attached Files:

2. bluechipBMW macrumors member

It has happened to me. I either reboot or disconnect/reconnect my wifi.

3. chisoxbull thread starter macrumors member

A reboot and/or power off and on does not fix the issue either. This has been happening since I got the phone on the day it came out. I have no other issues with the phone except with the wifi at AT&T hotspots.

4. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    This always happens to me at Starbucks. Very irritating. I think it has something to do with 3.1

5. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

7. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

happened to me on ipod touch even in 2.x i think

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This used to work right after they announced the feature, but hasn't since before 3.1 and after. I figured it was a problem on at&t's end. I have to enter my phone number every time.

9. chisoxbull thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? The only way that I can get on the internet at when in range of AT&T wifi is to turn the wifi off and use 3g or edge. I wonder if this has anything to do with the routers not recognizing the phone as an iPhone. As well, at Mcdonalds I often get the Mcdonalds login screen. Under 2.2 I was able to simply follow the text and this seemed to work much better. Anyone with any solutions in mind?

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm still having this issue, but just discovered that the app easy wifi (which is an AT&T app to do the logging in automatically) might fix it from googling. I'm not at McD's right now to check it though.