iPhone 3GS and Rain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gman901, Aug 4, 2010.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

So my wife left her iPhone zipped up in the back of a Tommy bahamma lounge chair, and some rain seeped in and got he iPhone wet. We couldn't get the phone to come back on even after a couple of days drying. My friend also left his phone on the grill yesterday under a full rainstorm where his phone got drenched. He was able to dry it off and within 15 minutes after drying it off, the phone was fully operational. I am baffled how his phone can survive a major rainstorm compared to the iPhone.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Why don't you move along, sell your ruined iPhone and buy yourself your beloved droid?

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

there are so many things you could have looked up on the internet before posting this here.

get ready to be flamed. you deserve it though to be honest.

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

It could have been just the right circumstances with your wife's iPhone and a little bit of water got into the right place.

And if the Droid was face up on the grill it is possible, unlikely, but possible that water hit the screen only and didn't get "inside" his phone.

Some people have bad luck, usually me, and some have extremely good luck.:rolleyes:

Edit:Aslo, if it happened to be the other way around you would be shouting how AWESOME the iPhone is.

5. lionqueen macrumors 6502

So you want real answers from folks on an IPHONE forum, yet you call the phone "wimpy" because it sustained water damage when a droid didn't. As someone said above, it could be a million things. The droid could've just gotten lucky, ect. Mostly though, I'm posting to tell you you're a drip.

6. Adisah macrumors regular

It was probably mainly just luck.

Go to Apple Store --> Pay Replacement fee $199/$299 --> end of story

7. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, sorry for wording my wife's iPhone as wimpy... I actually love my 3GS, but was perplexed why it died so easily. I actually think the Droid is weak, although the new one seems better. I completely stick with the iPhone, even replaced the damaged one with the new iPhone 4. I think the new one is even a better version than the previous and blows away every other smartphone on the market. Again, I could have worded my question better so it would not sound like flame bait...my apologies.