Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Hi,

For the second time I was disappointed by the changes to the model, the features still lag behind those of phones of the last 18 months. Add to that the asking price of £540 for a PAYG in the UK. I can afford this but it is not worth it. I can buy a new macbook for £200 more. I am now looking elsewhere for a new phone.

So to get to the point, can anybody suggest a alternative to the iPhone, preferably one with Android as its os.

Please no responses telling me there is no alternative or slagging off all other phones

Thanks

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
What do you mean 'alternative'? Every phone's an alternative. Do you mean touchscreen?

Look up the Samsung Omnia HD. I'm kinda smitten with it at the moment.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Stop, please, you are so witty maflynn, my sides are splitting.

Ok to be clear I am looking for info from people who have an android phone, and how they think it compares to the features of the iPhone

Thanks for the useful info Kahnyl, it looks promising

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
since only two are out, the Magic has similar specs, Dream is behind. The Palm Pre, whenever it will be out in Europe, later in the summer.. Samsung is also supposed to offer some Android platforms and so is HTC with a Hero interface, two models actually, again, one with KB and one without.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.