iPhone 3GS at BEST BUY?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by texasex95, Jun 11, 2009.

1. texasex95 macrumors newbie

Anybody know if the new iPhones will be at Best Buy or Wal Mart?

Thanks.

2. SiLHUZz macrumors newbie

will the iPhones 3G Ss sold @ WalMart Best Buy be unlocked?

3. mak10 macrumors regular

No

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

BB won't have them on June 19th

Bestbuy will eventually sell them, but they are not taking pre-orders, and they won't have them at launch day. (Stuff always can change, but that the words that managers are getting as a last night)

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I called them last night, they said they would sell them but it's not confirmed yet.

6. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

iphones are never sold unlocked without active service these days. Not since the first gen model 2 years ago.

7. mak10 macrumors regular

and even the first gen model was still locked to at&t despite being unsubsidized.

8. Jman14 macrumors 6502

My wal-mart will not be getting new ones.. But my best buy(s) both will have them on launch

9. Surely Guest

Surely

I live a 15 minute drive from 4 Apple Stores, but I think I'm going to wait until Best Buy gets them in stock so that when I buy it, I can get the reward points on my credit card AND the Best Buy Reward Zone points.

10. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Yea, i called them again today and they told me they would have them on the 19th. Im glad because i can use my best buy rewards and knock off $50.00 from the price and collect more points.

11. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I've confirmed that with my friends who work at Best Buy. They will all eventually sell them; however, Apple has told them for "smaller" stores, it will probably be a few weeks after launch before they receive an initial supply.

12. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

All that for $6 in RZ coupons? I bought a cheap LG phone from BB for my dad last year. That was a long enough process even w/o a wait. I shiver thinking about buying when a popular phone ships. I'm guessing the wait + purchase will take over an hour. Isn't your time worth more than $6 an hour? That's less than min. wage.