iphone 3gs audio and usb cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cdal1, Jul 12, 2009.

1. cdal1 macrumors member

I'm looking for a cable with a 30 pin on one end and usb and headphone jack on the other. I've seen the one apple sells but it has video as well and it is extremely long. I want this for my car to work with the proclip holder with pass through so I can charge and listen to music at same time without plugging in my headphone jack each time I get in my car. Anyone know of a cable like this?
    Thanks

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

no answers and this was back in july?

you can always go with a radio transmitter they charge and will let you play music from the dock connecter (i beleive havent tried it myself)

3. popcorn-in-sac macrumors member

Found one...

Ran across this the other day and was considering getting one for the same reason the OP mentioned.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/IPH3N1U2AB/

Mark

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

yeah but the op wants to be ablee to play music through his/her dock charger and avoid having t plug into the headphone jack.

5. popcorn-in-sac macrumors member

I've ordered, but not yet received the cable, so haven't tried it myself. The cable is said to provide both USB and audio (AUX level) outputs from the 30-pin dock connector. It's not intended to use the headphone jack of the iPod/iPhone.

6. Acronym macrumors 68000

yes of course i simply looked at the pictre wrong, that would be a good cord to have maybe a bit bulky but still good to have.

keeo us posted on how it works when you get it.

7. nippywiffle macrumors newbie

This is exactly the cable I've been desperately searching for. I can't believe there aren't more around - or even one from Apple themselves, it seems like a pretty common requirement for anyone who uses their iphone in the car, and doesn't want to have 2 cables coming out of the phone from opposite sides...

Anyway - did anyone try this, and does it work with the iphone 3GS? I've heard a lot about some charging accessories not working any more due to the 12V - 5V difference between older iphones, and the new ones...

Thanks,
    Dan

8. sfditty macrumors regular

I just bought this. It should arrive sometime next week. I hate having my iphone hanging between the data connecter and the mini stereo connecter like its on a clothes line when I use it in my car, so I'm looking forward to using this product.