Iphone 3gs BACKLIGHT BRIGHTNESS- HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crestique, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Crestique macrumors newbie

Hi there.

My Iphone 3gs has a problem with the backlight display. I can't see anything on the iphone unless I put it up to a light in my house.

If someone has any idea on what I can do, or what could be wrong with it, I would very much appreciate some info.

Thank you.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's not really necessary to open two threads on this. Check your brightness settings.

3. Crestique thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about the duplicate post.

And I have checked the brightness settings. The phone works. But it's a black screen & I can't see anything unless it's put up to a light.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Restore? Take it in to Apple? Etc. etc. etc.?

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Your backlight is dead. If this happened after dropping the phone, wait a bit, mine did the same thing and stared working little by little and was fully functional again after 2 days. If it suddenly just stopped, get it replaced, it's a cheap process.

6. Crestique thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jackhdev macrumors 6502

It seems like the backlight is obviously experiencing problems. At this point, your best bet would be to visit the Genius Bar.

8. iRepairSolution macrumors newbie

iRepairSolution

Guys, there is an easier solution. If this happened after you dropped your iPhone then most likely you damaged the LCD screen. It is responsible for the images on your iPhone screen. It could also be the dimmer sensor. This is a hardware issue and will not be fixed by a software restore. In either case this is very fixable hardware issue and should cost you no more than $80 to fix.

The genius bar will tell you to replace the entire screen for $200 or buy a new iPhone.