iPhone 3GS bad dock connector

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by svfusion, Apr 16, 2010.

1. svfusion macrumors newbie

My phone was dropped in some Salsa (I know, right lol). Anyway, after it happened I would get random "This accessory is not compatible with the iPhone". I cleaned the port with a plastic tooth pick and that stopped that message from popping up. However, when I connect my iPhone to a dock sometimes it will connect and sometimes it will not. Example, When I connect it to the dock in my car, I can control the iPhone though the radio but for after a second or if I hit a bump on the road it will stop. If I can get it to stay in there just right, it will work for a while. I know it is bad to clean it with rubbing alcohol because of the moister sensor but I took the chance to see if it would help. It didn't do anything. I was hoping some of the iPhone users in this forum might could guide in the right direction..

Thanks for your time!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Replace the dock connector (might be a waste of time) or get a OOW replacement for $199.