iPhone 3GS Battery acting funky

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrjoeyjiffy, Jun 21, 2009.

1. mrjoeyjiffy macrumors member

So my battery was at full charge yesterday and then all of the sudden it went to the clear battery with the lightning bolt symbol indicating it needed a charge, weird but ok. So I charge it on the wall for an hour, still dead, charge it on my computer for an hour, still dead. WTF. So I call the apple store(on a friends phone) and they say they can try to squeeze me in between appointments. Then my phone miraculously(sp?) turns on and has 30% battery life, while im driving there it drains down to 20% as would be expected, then it jumped up to about 80%. Anyways about an hour and a half and 4 cigarettes later at the apple store they replace my iPhone and this one seems to be working fine so far.

Moral of the story is, dont hesitate to get your shiny new phone swapped out if your having any weird battery issues, I think they are aware of the problem and we're quick to give me a new one.

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I had some weird battery issues yesterday. The phone charging off USB from the laptop never showed full charge (little plug). Even though it was on the cable the entire night. Ran downstairs to plug into the wall charger and instant full charge showing.

Used the phone for a little websurfing yesterday and a few short calls. Battery drained instantly.

Did a battery calibration last night to see if it will help.