iPhone 3GS Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by britishcolumbia, Nov 11, 2010.

1. britishcolumbia macrumors newbie

I just got this iPhone used from a buddy who upgraded the the iPhone 4. He had no issues before this. It sat for a few months before he sent it to me. I unlocked it as i live in Canada and went to use it for the first day and within a few text messages it was at 77% battery. I went to bed and by morning it was dead. it lasts about 2 hrs of standby. I just looked at my data usage, and noticed it is through the roof. I know I didn't use it all, so wondering if there is something running in the background. I already have PrivaCY installed and, to be honest am not sure what to do with it but it is on to my knowledge. Any help will be appreciated.

2. ajarnfalang macrumors regular

Did you reset all?

Actually, since you just got it, would you mind resetting everything? I mean completely erasing the thing?

[​IMG]

3. britishcolumbia thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a complete restore when I unlocked it, but I can do it again using a different method.

4. ajarnfalang macrumors regular

hmm..

If it was my phone, since I just got it, I would completely reset/erase it.

Just set up my email account and download nothing to it. Have it like that for 1 day and see what it does.

5. britishcolumbia thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I will give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

6. britishcolumbia thread starter macrumors newbie

I erased the phone and re unlocked it and it seems to be resolved now. I went out for the night, sent 10 text messages and about 5 mins talk time and 4 hrs of standby and its still at 99%. Very pleased.

Cheers,
    Jack :)