iPhone 3GS battery problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tyte07, Sep 30, 2009.

1. tyte07 macrumors newbie

I've been using my 3GS for a few weeks now without any problems until yesterday morning. I woke and took out the phone from the charger after I left it on there at night and felt that it was a little bit warm, but I didn't really think about it. Then 3 hours later, I looked at the battery and it said 58% on there. All I did within those 3 hours was listen to music for 20 minutes, with no phone calls at all. Then, 3 hours later, my phone ran out of battery. I come home at night and charged it, but it became really warm. I took it out of the charger and the % was going down really really fast. Now, the phone is always really warm, even more so when I plug it into the charger. Battery is still going down like crazy.

It's jailbroken and is running 3.0. I've never upgraded it to 3.1 before. What should I do now? Restore it or something?

2. tyte07 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just read and found out that I can't restore my 3GS to 3.0 without losing jailbreak. What should I do now? Although the iPhone isn't warm anymore, I'm still losing 10% in like 40 minutes without even touching it or doing anything. What's making me mad is that it was fine for weeks, then all of a sudden it's like this now.

3. jillefresh macrumors newbie

It's a problem that a lot of people are having. From what I've read, Apple is looking into it. Mine does it too, just started randomly Sunday, and it's VERY annoying. I can't even get through an hour's worth of usage without death of phone. Sometimes mine gets stuck on a certain percentage, and the next time I check it, it will be dead. We can only hope they come out with an update and soon. Also, I think that some people are having success restoring the phone as new, not from a backup. I'm not even going to waste my time trying, because I'm sure it won't help!

4. tyte07 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought people were having that problem because they upgraded to 3.1. I'm still on 3.0 and have never upgraded to 3.1 before. I want to restore my phone with 3.0 again, but from what I've read, that's not possible right now.

5. tyte07 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've also noticed that when I look at my Usage and Standby times, all I see is a dash with no numbers with both of them.

6. tyte07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a way for me to restore it back to 3.0?

7. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte