iPhone 3GS battery replacement - rebooting every 5 minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DennisMadsen, Sep 9, 2011.

1. DennisMadsen macrumors regular

Today I did a battery replacement on a ~2 years old iPhone 3GS. We bought this battery: http://www.mobilreparation.dk/shop/apple-iphone-3gs-21875p.html.

After the replacement the phone is automatically restarting every 5 minutes. Should we just let it do that until the battery is fully charged (maybe it needs to calibrate) -- or are there some problems with the new battery?

On the original one there is these numbers:
    APN: 616-0434
    VPN: APPLE-08-003-01 (GG)

2. DennisMadsen thread starter macrumors regular

Just to add further information. Before doing the battery replacement, the old battery was fully drained. The phone turned off by itself. Could that have confused the battery controller to much, since it think that the battery could be with low batteri - but now it had a lot of power on it.

Currently I'm drying to drain the new battery -- but it is still restarting every five minutes. When it is drained I will try to charge it.

3. andiros macrumors newbie

Mystery

I have the same problem. New original battery with the same APN as my old: 616-0435, which is the number that is most highly recommended for best compatibility with all 3GS phones. It reboots every 5 minutes or so. I have tried with another new battery before, but not an original one. Same fault. The only way to make the phone work flawlessly is to put the old battery in again.

I really hope the get an answer to this weird problem...