iPhone 3GS Battery Suddenly Draining Really Fast

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sazafraz, May 20, 2011.

1. sazafraz macrumors newbie

I've had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone since the 4.2.1 firmware and I am on 4.3.2 now ever since it was released. Since like 3 days ago, the battery drains like crazy. I had it charged to 100% yesterday morning and didn't even use it all day and by night it was at 55%. I didn't install or change anything and before those 3 days the battery was fine.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

1. Which tool did you use?
    2. Which packages do you have? List them ALL.
    3. Why not 4.3.3? That's the latest, supposedly improving battery performance of 4.3.1 AND 4.3.2.

3. LadyAnne macrumors newbie

Have same problem

My 3GS is running 4.3.3 and the battery is draining way too quickly. Seems like it started a couple of weeks ago possibly since the last update. It used to last twice as long on a charge. I often remove everything from the task list and run mainly on wifi. I have rebooted it too. The phone is almost 2 years old. It is not jailbroken.

4. rbaumannerb macrumors newbie

Ditto

I'm having the same problem. It stays on 100% charge for a while even though I've been using it for an hour or so, then shuts down somewhere around 50%. :(

5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

My wife's phone started doing that and I did a hard reset for her and it solved the problem. I've also seen other phones with this problem where games would be running in the background even though you quit them. Seems there are some sloppy programming with iPhone games. The only solution there is to completely remove them from the phone and then reset it.

6. nathaswami macrumors newbie

Solve the draining battery problem

I'm running 4.3.3 on the iPhone 3gs. The battery started to drain very quickly and heat up the iPhone after 4.3.2. (It was after the version which allows apps to run in the background.) Turning off the location services and shutting down the background apps (double tap on the bottom button to see which ones are running) helped but did not solve the problem. What solved the problem is re-setting up the iPhone as a new phone. The OS and apps were re-installed from scratch, and I lost all the photos, videos, music etc. from the iPhone and its backup, but they are still there in iTunes. Now I can add the music, video and photos back that I *really* need. I charged the battery and after 24 hours it was at 74%. Previously it would drain completely in a few hours. And the iPhone no longer heats up. It is really difficult to find this information on the web.