IPhone 3GS Booting Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DarkManX, Jul 27, 2011.

1. DarkManX macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2011
    Okay, so i decided to give the iphone to my nephew, before doing that i wanted to erase all the data on the iphone, so yes i did the mistake that everyone did, and did reset all settings and delete data from the iphone

After that, the iphone won't start, at first, it shows the black screen with the apple logo, then the moving loading icon shows ontop of the apple logo, then it stops moving and stays like that for almost 10 mins, then it restarts by it self and does the same thing over and over again.

i read on the forums these steps:

Follow the below steps and you are all set no worries:
    1- shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
    2- connect the usb cable to the pc but NOT to the iphone"
    3- open itunes
    4- while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone
    5- do not remove your finger from the home button
    6- itunes will detect it and you can now restore it
    7- finally you need to jailbreak it again..follow the web instructions

problem is, i cant shut down my iphone, because it ran out of charge while it was booting and booting and booting.... so now, when i plug it into the charger, it starts charging.. as soon as it obtains a little amount of power, it does the booting thing once, and stays at the loading screen for like 10 mins, then restarts again.. but looses charge in the second time, then it waits until some power gets charged up and does the same thing again, which gives me no chance in doing the shut down [Home Button + Lock Button]

Even while its loading, i keep pressing them both for like a whole minute, but nothing happens..

Can anyone help here? I'd really appreciate the help, im in serious need of it :D

With Regards, DarkManX
  2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Jun 2, 2010
    Why do you not just plug the phone into a regular charger not the PC. When the phone is fully charged you can then plug it into itunes and restore it to the latest software.
  3. ylerT macrumors regular

Jun 10, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Plug your phone into the computer. Hold home and power button for roughly 10 seconds then release the power button. Continue to hold the home button and your phone will enter DFU mode (all you will see is a black screen). Restore and you're good to go.
  4. DarkManX thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2011
    See thats the problem, i am charging it normally not the pc, well ive tried both, as soon as it has a little power, it starts booting up, and getting stuck there... consumes the little power it charged it self with, thats why it turns off again, then after a while it charges up a little, starts up, boots up.. stuck.. off..
  5. DarkManX thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2011
    Okay, after staying up all nighty, retrying, and retrying and retrying... it worked! finally the Iphone got connected to itunes in restore mode, i did restore it to the latest firmware (which i dont remember what was it cuz i was sleepy as hell) and it worked! but now im facing another problem, the iphone is locked, any help on how to unlock it? cuz the only thing i know how to do is how to jailbreak an unlocked IPhone...

Anyhelp on how to unlock it?

Edit: PS: after i restored it, i cant access the phone, it says it needs a compatible sim to activate... and ofc my sim didnt work -_-