Iphone 3gs bricked after JB and unklocked by blacksnow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheBold, Nov 3, 2009.

1. TheBold macrumors member

Hi

I've got iphone 3gs which was updated to FW 3.1.2 and JB/unlocked by using blacksnow.
    evertything went smooth till I was downloading winterboard...once the winterboard started setup the phone crashed and not booting anymore, it starts and shows apple logo then switch off again...
    itunes does not recognize the iphone...tried to get in DFU mode several times...but no luck!!!

guys I need your help to restore my phone.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. TheBold thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your proposal...
    what I did was switching off the phone, keep pressing the home button then plug the USB cable, then the phone went to recovery mode...restrored..and JB.

thanks

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

So the thread was really incorrectly titled. Your iPhone was never "bricked". Hooray!

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Everyone with "any" experience knows, despite what these nubies claim, it is just about impossible to "brick" one of these phones outside of a sudden hardware failure.

Believe me, I have locked plenty of them up and always gotten them restored and re-JB with very little effort.

6. TheBold thread starter macrumors member

Guys....thanks for your input...
    I have dealt with tens of iphones but never been in similar situation...
    the problem (which I didn't mention earler) is that the phone was purchased from apple store in Sydney and supposed to be factory unlocked...but always fails to activate..I am going to send it back to Apple for replacement.
    at any rate...thanks and good luck.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Then you likely also know (or should know) it is just about impossible to brick one of these and how simple it is (ie home button, insert cable) to get it into a mode where it can be restored.

Good luck.

8. Cupra macrumors regular

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Someone else complained about that yesterday also, but the website and the download links are working perfect for me, both yesterday and today.