iPhone 3gs broke after Jailbrake

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jt701, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jt701 macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iphone over the weekend and it wasnt working right so went to restore it. ITunes now doesnt recognise it and now it has went into recovery mode, no service or the plu into intunes logo.

To be honest I know very little about this subject, but amd really worried as this is my work phone and really need it.

I used Redsn0w to brake it, and it was on 4.3.5

is there any advice you could give me to try and get it back working again?

many thanks

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

On the ios your on you would need to boot the phone with redsn0w each time you restart to make sure the jailbreak is working as its a tethered jailbreak.

If you just want to restore it put it in DFU mode and then try restoring in iTunes again that should work.

3. jt701 thread starter macrumors newbie

i rebooted it form thethered and its up and running, still jailbroken.

How do I now start to get it back to its original condition?

how do I put it into DFU Mode?

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You don't even know your jailbreak is a tether jailbreak. You seriously need to learn how to research and read.

For god sake, a simple search gives you thousands of answer to your question.

5. jt701 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried to put it into DFU numerous times, it hasnt worked! hence why I am asking for help!

but thanks for taking the time to respnond, however condisending you are!

6. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Download the ipsw file from apple, if you are on windows click shift+restore and select the file then restore

7. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iphone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

There is also a few videos on youtube which will be able to guide you if you get stuck.

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What makes you think we have a 'special' method to put iphone into DFU mode? What we tell you is going to be the same as what you've been doing unless you've been doing it the incorrect way. There's nothing we can do if you can't follow direction and put your iphone into DFU mode. Just keep trying.