iPhone 3GS bugs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrochester, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

I understand that the message alert tone not playing is a bug of the 3GS which I get every now and then. However, I have another bug whereby when someone calls me, the slide to answer button is completely none responsive. I have to double tap the home button to call up the iPod play controls, and then the slide to answer works. This doesn't always happen, but does at times and it's very frustrating trying to catch the call before it goes to voicemail!

Another bug I have is with turning the device off. I press and hold the power button, and slide to turn off. The spinning circle shows, and then the screen goes blank. However, instead of remaining off, the lock code keypad reappears on the screen, and the phone starts to reconnect to the network (searching...). Then after a few seconds more, the phone finally switches off completely. Again, this only happens intermittently.

Does anyone have either of these 2 extra bugs that I've got?

Michael.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No, you got the lucky iPhone with bonus features. Instead of complaining here, take it to Apple for a replacement before June 19, 2010 before warranty up.

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

The trouble is it's so intermittent I probably couldn't get it to replicate the problem at the Apple shop! I've just tried turning it off 3 times recording what it does as a video, and it's turned off just fine each time!

4. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Don't have any of those. But I do have one where, if playing music and in the 'iPod', if I double tap the home button, my favourite phone numbers list pops up instead of the iPod controls. Once I've done that, double-tapping the home button won't bring up the iPod controls like it should until I've stopped the music and put the phone to sleep.