iPhone 3gs, can only hear conversations when speaker is turned on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ACardAttack, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Okay, so I can only hear on calls if speaker is turned on. I can hear the sound when you hit a number on the key pad, when I play music and adjust volume it makes no mention of my phone thinking headphones might be in.

Here is the thing, I took apart my iphone yesterday to put in a new battery, well I received a dead battery and put in my old battery Everything else runs perfectly, can get on the web, take pictures, text, etc., but cannot hear on phone calls other than when the speaker is on. I have double checked all my connections, is there a specific connection that controls this? Any ideas what is going on? I can only assume it is because I opened it up and tinkered around and not separate from what I did yesterday...I was jailbroken, but I did a complete restore and still no luck.

2. dickdaney macrumors regular

Ribbon 3 controls the speaker for the earpiece. You probably damaged it when your reinstalled it. Buy another ribbon and try again, or buy a new phone.

3. ACardAttack thread starter macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

That was the one I had the hardest time with, I'll probably leave it be, but thank you