iPhone 3GS cannot unlock for three UK!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gen2, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Gen2 macrumors newbie

I've got an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2. I did a fresh restore then unlocked it using blackra1n because I had a Three UK SIM card and needed to hacktivate it. Once that was done, I went ahead and downloaded blacksn0w and unlocked it. The problem is that there is only a 'No Signal' displayed in the top left corner. It is baseband 05.11.07 and I know that the SIM card is fine because it works in my friends iPhone the same way. It worked in this iPhone when I did it before, but I had to restore after a friend mucked with my iPhone.

Is there anything I can do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Not sure with the baseband but recently had someone bring their 3GS into my shop and it was on 3.1.2 and was on '3'
    It wasn't jailbroken though, all I can presume was that it was a factory unlock although the guy didnt know he just said he bought it off someone like that.

I should have checked the baseband out really but I would presume that if he had 3.1.2 he would be on the latest baseband as well. But cannot confirm.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

No signal or "No service"?

When i first put a T-mo SIM in after unlocking, it showed "No Service" for a minute or two, then connected and it was fine.

4. Gen2 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not temporary. It's permanently at no signal and I remember I dd something really stupid that made it work last time. Something like restoring to a custom ipsw, activating it with an O2 SIM card, then using blackra1n+blacksn0w and it worked right away. Thanks though.