iPhone 3GS Can't Restore, Screen is Black Mostly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by darkelfx89, Dec 17, 2009.

1. darkelfx89 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS that is acting very weird. When I jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1n, it was fine except for battery life so I restored. It was on the Recovery screen (USB with iTunes logo) until the screen got distorted for a bit and then just turned back. I tried to turn it on and do the home/power button thing. iTunes can detect it in recovery, but nothing happens on the screen. I try to restore and it gives me several errors like 13, 1601. One time, I was able to get the recovery screen and it restored fine. But after a while, it just turned off and I got stuck with the black screen again. Sometimes when I try to restore, it goes to a white screen with like distortion of some black stuff, and the only time it went to the home screen, there were no visual problems.

2. apc0243 macrumors newbie

apc0243

It sounds like something with a main logic board, I think your iPhone is shot man. It tends to happen, so I've heard, with jailbreaking.

I just did a quick google search, 3G boards seem to run in the 300's. Probably cheaper to just buy a new phone.