iPhone 3GS Car charger and FM Transmitter...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NStocks, Oct 26, 2009.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I'm looking for a good iPhone charger, with FM transmitter but I have failed to find one that allow you to control whats playing from the car controls. For example, my Car has Audio control in the steering wheel, with up and down for the radio station. Is there anything on the market that allows you to use such controls to change the track thats playing ?

If not, then what have they come up with to change the song playing without taking your eyes off the road constantly.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

There is somting: Bluetooth. If you have the right sort of car/stereo you can control your phone just fine.

a good example is:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/navigation/iphone/introduction.html

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I just bought the Belkin tunecast Auto with ClearScan, actually by mistake and it works PERFECTLY> I haven't tried it on my long daily commute yet but so far it's great.

I say I got it by mistake because I intended to get the Griffin iTrip AutoPilot, but because I was in a hurry I just saw this and it looked similar to the Griffin one ( I didn't even look at the brand name on the box )

Does anybody know if you can somehow control the track by the actual transmitter? I saw on youtube that you can pause and skip with the Griffin AutpPilot, though it isn't in the manual...

They are both the same price in-store, so I may just change it tomorrow when I go to the different store... I'll have to see how it goes on the commute !