iPhone 3GS: Closing Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I searched around and read that if you're in an app and want to close it you press and hold the Home Button for a few seconds. When I do this with the 3GS it goes to Voice Control.

I'm new to the iPhone and I'm huge into closing apps so I don't waste my battery. How do I make sure my apps are closed after I use them? A perfect example is TweetDeck...there is no "Log Out" button.

Thanks!

2. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

They close as soon as you hit the home button. They don't run in the background. The only apps that can run in the background are iPod, Phone, Mail, and Safari.

To force quit an app (say it stops responding), hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Slide to Turn Off slider appears, then hold the Home button for about 6-10 seconds.

3. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

4. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

Thanks. I thought maybe the apps were still open because my battery seems to be draining pretty fast. I've seen it drop 5% within 15 minutes! And, when I open up TweetDeck I don't log in or anything, it does it automatically so I figured it was already running.

5. Tubink macrumors regular

To force quit an app you hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears to turn off your phone, then hold the home button until it goes to the SpringBoard.

6. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

What else are you doing in those 15 minutes? Apps can't run in the background so it is surely not TweetDeck causing it. It appears that it was still running because it caches the tweets from the last time it was opened.

7. ineedamac macrumors 6502

Turn off the wifi when you are not using it. I have seen wifi drain the battery.