iPhone 3GS contract ends on 9th October

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theking79, Sep 21, 2011.

1. theking79 macrumors 6502

I'm looking to get the new iPhone, with my contract ending on the 9th October, and the iPhone 5 looking like it will release a couple of weeks after it, what will happen to my contract?

My contract is with O2 UK, will it just carry on or do I have to sign up to a 1 month rolling contract or something?

At the minute its £35 a month, I'm guessing that will go down as I have paid the phone off?

Sorry about the question, not an expert on phone contracts as It's my first ever contract.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you tried calling the company you have a contract with and asking them?

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You can drop down to a cheaper 30 day rolling contract as soon as your contract ends. Phone them on 23 02 and ask, they'll probably arrange it now as you are so close to the end date.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Call your phone company they can answer all your questions.

5. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you are not planning to upgrade your phone, change your contract to a simplicity one. It's basically sim only with a monthly rolling contract. I think they start from about £6 up, depending on what you want to use. Data is a bolt on. 500mb/m is about £7. Worth looking into.