Iphone 3GS crash

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimbolero, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jimbolero macrumors newbie

hi guys i have an Iphone 3GS and i cant get it to work anymore. before things went wrong i had my iphone (not jailbroken) plugged into my iphone speaker set and suddenly it rebooted and went to restore mode. First thing i did was connect it to itunes and try to restore it. however, itunes failed to restore it due to a unknown error. Im not able to turn it off but i am able to put it in DFU mode. so i tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w_win_0.9.10b4 and first it looked like it was succesfull. it started up like it used to and got the configuration wizard. but after a certain amount of time it automatically rebooted and brought me back at the configuration again.

ive send it to the repair fabric but they said they couldnt do anything and they send it back. i think they didnt do **** so im asking you guys if you have any idea to fix this.

thank you for your attention and i hope you can help me!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Put your phone into DFU, then restore it with Itunes first and it will reset your phone to factory setting with 5.0.1 fw. Once you've done this, then if you want to jailbreak your phone, then use redsn0w 0.9.10b4 to jailbreak it.

3. jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what i tried in the first place. but Itunes just gives me an error at the end and tells me it failed due to an unknown error.

4. jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Every time ITunes gives you an error, you need to give us what the error message with error # so we can help you to solve it. Each error has different way to fix it.

6. jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

i wish i could. if i plug in my iphone, itunes will detect it and tells me that it is in restore mode and that it needs to be restored. when i choose to do so it will give it a try to restore it. but on like 75% itunes gives me the message it failed due to an unknown error theres is no error-number or whatsoever

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

make sure you put your phone in pwnage DFU mode first and Itunes will allow you to restore. You can use Ireb or latest redsn0w to help you to put your phone in this mode.

8. jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

ive done exactly that and itunes cancles the restore procedure again at 75%. it fails at checking if the restoration was succesfull and returns error (1). i am using the latest Itunes, ive tried unstalling and installing itunes but that didnt help either. The next thing i tried was sn0wbreeze v2.9. i chose for the option "Baseband Preservation Mode" where it created a custom ipsw which did work through itunes repair and my iphone started up again. but again, i cant get through the configuration. i can fill in what language i want and wether i want to use location services but then it asks me to connect to itunes and i cant get past that because my iphone will reboot after a minute or two. Could it be that my iphone is just broken?

9. jimbolero, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

update:

used snowbreeze 2.9.3 again, this time i used a 4.3.1 custom ipsw. because you do not have the configuration setup at the beginning it brought me straight to the home screen. This time itunes saw my iphone properly and was even able to sync it. Still, after exactly 3 minutes , it reboots. In this 3 minutes i am able to use all apps, take pictures and videos but there are a few things that do not work:

- unable to read the SIM card
    - Wifi is unavailable
    - Bluetooth is unavailable

everything else works. here are some screenshots that i was able to make:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm convinced that there are a few hardware elements that do not work anymore. Any thoughts what hardware this might be?

10. Allegator macrumors newbie

What is your baseband?

This seems very similar to what happened to my recent 3GS after putting the iPad baseband on it.

11. b0bab0i macrumors regular

^pretty sure its blank, along with his IMEI
    Your phone seems like its bricked, Corrupted baseband.

12. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Seems like it to me too. Same thing happened to my old 2G. I ended up buying a cracked 2G to replace the logic board+comm board.

13. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Wait, I'm confused as to why you jailbroke it in the first place..? It was a stock iphone and then things went haywire so you decided to jb? Why didn't you just take it into apple?

14. jimbolero thread starter macrumors newbie

I did take it into apple first, and they did a check and came with the conclusion that they couldnt do anything. so now im trying myself.

I think you guys are right about the baseband. here is another screenshot:

how can i fix this?
    [​IMG]