Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shwonx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Hey guys,
I just made a thread a few days ago about what i needed to replace my broken iPhone 3GS screen, and right as I ordered the parts it occurred to me that this is a great opportunity to mess around with modding my phone. It's already 2 years old so I don't really care if it breaks.

Anyway, I'm interested in making it a fully white iPhone. I know apple didn't make white 3gs digitizers, but can the 3rd party ones be trusted? Also, if I do buy one from say eBay, should I go with an american made one or would a Hong Kong one be better?

If anyone has any experience with coloured digitizers please let me know! Thanks!

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
Hey guys,
I just made a thread a few days ago about what i needed to replace my broken iPhone 3GS screen, and right as I ordered the parts it occurred to me that this is a great opportunity to mess around with modding my phone. It's already 2 years old so I don't really care if it breaks.

Anyway, I'm interested in making it a fully white iPhone. I know apple didn't make white 3gs digitizers, but can the 3rd party ones be trusted? Also, if I do buy one from say eBay, should I go with an american made one or would a Hong Kong one be better?

If anyone has any experience with coloured digitizers please let me know! Thanks!

I'd go with an American made one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.