iPhone 3GS Data Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eXoBrute, Jul 13, 2009.

1. eXoBrute macrumors regular

The other day my mom got the iPhone 3GS, she obviously had to get the 3G data plan as well which was $30 a month extra, the thing that im wondering is now that she is paying $30 a month for the data plan if i got an iPhone 3GS would i have to pay $30 a month aswell? So basicly is it $30 a month for each iPhone you own, so if i owned 4 it would be $120 a month?

I'm wondering this because our friends just came and visited and they both had the iPhone 3GS but they said they only paid $30 a month for both.

So if anyone knows the answer id really appreciate some info.

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's $30 for each one. Sorry.

3. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Wow that sucks, thats a complete rip. Is there not a family deal either?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, nothing from what I know. It would be nice.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Verizon and AT&T charge the same for unlimited smartphone data ($30/month per device). If you want something cheaper, you'll need to go to one of the smaller networks, like Sprint or T-Mobile.

6. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Well my friends who both have 3GS iPhones said they only pay $30 a month for both of them. I don't know how they did it but i remember they said something like about syncing the phones together with mobileme.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

They are mistaken. People do make mistakes. Ask them to fax you their bill.

8. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Ok :D, Yeah i thought they were wrong because everyone i had talked to told me different but once they said that i just wanted to make sure.

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Your friends might mean that they are added as extra lines on someone else's account. Which would mean it would be $30 for data and $9.99 for the line. So $39.99 to add an iPhone line to a family plan.

But yes, the $30 data plan applies to all iPhone lines.